Monday, October 13, 2008

Thumbnails



5 comments:

Helou said...

All three of your ideas seem to work. I like that the first allows the viewer to scroll sideways. The second is more simple and perhaps more interesting to look at. But I can’t quite see how to go to the sub category from the home page.

The third examples are probably the once that work the most in my opinion, which is more busy yet it seems to be more appropriate for this style.

Helen

Legoman said...

It looks to me like your third set is the most appealing in terms of its overall completed look. It appears to be very cohesive with everything put together and organized well. The product page on the second set is looking like a neat idea for its simplicity, but I'm not too sure what's going on with the rest of the pages since they look almost like they're empty. I like what's happening in the first thumbnail as well, so I think you simply need to pick one and roll with it.

- Oleg

About Me: said...

hey i agree the third one looks more like it's trying to sell me a product. i like the way it's organized. i also like the first one, but i think most users don't really like to scroll left and right (people shouldn't discriminate against directions like that... but they generally do)

cheers!
-DanMan

ps - wwmd? what would mobutu do?

Asher Hunt said...

i like the first and second idea in the second set of thumbnails... There is a better sense of hierarchy then the first set of thumbnails, in my opinion... I'm curious to see the digitals.

Joe Bautista said...

hmmm tough to make these out.
wish you labeled them what exactly they are. home, etc.

all seem to function "well" its just a matter of placement. so as a layout exercise you are successful.

now lets think of concept and user habits.
what is the most important you as a student would want to see on the site. order of functions, usability etc. thats what I want to see more of. get on the computer and start designing and perhaps we can see some of that tomorrow.

joe