Sunday, October 5, 2008

Good Designs

www.dove.com
This website is well-designed because it is user friendly and simple. It is easy to find information fast and it is very interactive. The colors are very calming and simple. It is also color coordinated depending on the products you choose.

www.hollisterco.com
This site is very easy to use. There is not a lot going on the page. It is very straightforward. This site is also interactive and it works very well. The design is great and completely reflects the same feel as going to the actual store. 

www.google.com
I use google and gmail all the time so I just had to use it. Google is just so user friendly becuase it is very simple. There isn't any advertisements crowding the home page like many sites have. It just has one navigation bar at the top that has all its features. It is very simple and the logo changes sometimes to reflect the season or what is going on with current events. It is only the logo that changed and catches your eye. 
Also now you can personalize you google page to give it a theme and you can choose what you want to see on your page so it really works for everyone.


Bad Designs

www.eHealthInsurance.com
This site just looks very boring. There is a lot of information everywhere but nothing that catches the eye. There is no hierarchy and I do not know how to start looking for information.

www.fafcu.org
This site I use because it is my bank. I always thought it was really boring and it isn't very user friendly. I always get confused on where to look to login because I can go to either the left bar or there is another button on the top. I usually go to the one at the top which is funny because I would think the login on the side stands out more. The layout needs more work and it just needs better colors to make it less boring or at least a very simple user friendly design.

1 comment:

Kelly Rose said...

I agree about the health insurance site although insurance in general is boring... the site doesn't have to be right?